Thursday, April 26, 2012

Alistair Overeem Offers Explanation For Positive Test

<B>By MATT MOLGAARD<BR>
MMANEWS.COM Staff Writer</B><BR><BR>

By now the MMA world is well aware of Alistair’s recently botched urinalysis. The top heavyweight contender registered a 14:1 testosterone-to-epitestosterone level, which more than doubles the allowable ratio of 6:1.<BR><BR>

Overeem was pulled from his scheduled May 26th encounter with champion Junior dos Santos, and now awaits his fate, which will be issued by the Nevada State Athletic commission tomorrow. In advance of the hearing, Overeem has finally broken his silence by issuing a statement to the public in which he offers a brief word to fans expressing his regret, and offers a potential reason for his profoundly high testosterone levels.<BR><BR>

Check out Overeem’s full statement below.<BR><BR>

“To my friends and fans,<BR><BR>

I am deeply saddened to announce that on Friday, April 20, I respectfully withdrew from the May 26 event so that I can request a continuance until my situation with the Nevada State Athletic Commission is resolved.<BR><BR>

I cannot express how sorry I am to the Commission, Junior Dos Santos, the fans, the owners and employees of the UFC, my friends and family and anyone else who this has affected.<BR><BR>

I absolutely do not believe in, nor do I use performance-enhancing drugs. I am a clean fighter and I will do whatever it takes to prove this to everyone.<BR><BR>

Prior to the UFC 146 press conference in March, I aggravated an old rib injury on my left side. My doctor prescribed, and I accepted, an anti-inflammatory medication that was mixed with testosterone. I was completely unaware that testosterone was one of the ingredients in the medication. Although I was unaware, I do realize it is my job to know what I am putting into my body.<BR><BR>

I respect the Nevada Commissioners and Executive Director Keith Kizer and what they are doing to keep.<BR><BR>

the sport of mixed martial arts regulated and safe for athletes. I look forward to working with them in the days and weeks ahead.<BR><BR>

Friends and fans, I ask for your patience as I work through this matter. Please support me. I promise to return to the Octagon soon."<BR><BR>

Leave your feedback on this article by posting a comment directly below! You can also chat about the card in the <A HREF="http://www.mmanews.com/forums" target="_Blank"><B>MMANEWS.COM Forums</B></A> and/or the <A HREF="http://www.facebook.com/mmanewsdotcom" target="_Blank"><B>MMANEWS.COM Facebook</B></A>. If that wasn't enough, MMANEWS.COM is now on Twitter as well <A HREF="http://twitter.com/mmanewsdotcom" target="_Blank"><B>@mmanewsdotcom</B></A>.<BR><BR>

Source: http://www.mmanews.com/home.php

Jesse Forbes Xavier Foupa Pokam Hermes Franca Rich Franklin Ian Freeman

No comments:

Post a Comment