Wednesday, May 25, 2011

QUOTABLES: Jorge Santiago talks about returning to the UFC, his fighting style and his UFC 130 bout with Brian Stann

By: Jamie Penick, MMATorch Editor-in-Chief

Jorge_Santiago_5.jpeg
"I left [the] UFC in 2006. I went to Japan, [got] more experience fighting different guys. I always knew, one day, [I would get] back to the UFC and finish the job I was doing there.

It's kind of hard to explain my style. I'm a Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt, but the past few years, I learned a lot of kickboxing and different kinds of martial arts. So, it's kind of [difficult] to say how [my fight is going to be] and how I'm going to finish my fight. If you see my record, you're going to see knockouts and submissions and TKOs. I consider myself a mixed martial artist. I fight everywhere. I just try to take the chance and finish the fight. That's what I like...

One thing I know for sure, this fight [with Brian Stann at UFC 130] is not going to end [in] decision. This fight is going to end in about the second round or first round. That is [the truth]. If not, my fans need to know, I always fight to finish the fight. No matter how and when, even the fifth round; the second, like, my last fight. And Brian Stann likes the same thing, so, that'll be fun. You cannot blink."


-Jorge Santiago talks to MMAWeekly.com about returning to the UFC and his fight with Brian Stann at UFC 130.

Penick's Analysis: Santiago is extremely fun to watch. He's not the best fighter in the world, and he'll take his share of punishment in a fight, but he has on multiple occasions found ways to win fights he was close to losing, and that heart and determination is another intangible he brings into a fight with him. And I agree with him on this fight with Stann, it's not going to the judges. These two are going to be out to finish the fight, and one of them is going to accomplish their goal on May 28. The card as a whole is still going to be a very entertaining one, and this fight is one of the best of the night, and one I can't wait to see.

Source: http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publish/UFC_2/article_9313.shtml

Joe Hybrid Duarte Aldrin de Jesus  Todd Duffee  Marvin Eastman  Stav Crazy Bear Economou 

No comments:

Post a Comment