Saturday, September 17, 2011

Koscheck talks exploding eyeball and asking for Wandy, Franklin or Leben

Koscheck talks exploding eyeball and asking for Wandy, Franklin or LebenJosh Koscheck wouldn't be Josh Koscheck if he didn't dole out some great prefight talk in advance of his UFC 135 fight against Matt Hughes. The welterweight title contender has been on the shelf since his loss to Georges�St-Pierre last December so he's got plenty to say. It started last week on Twitter when he essentially dared Hughes to not take the fight.

In a blog this week for Sportsnet.ca, Koscheck apologized for his one-sided loss to GSP. St-Pierre smashed Kos' orbital bone in the first minute of the fight at UFC 124. The American said the pain was off the charts.

"I had no depth perception and was basically a one-eyed fighter for the next 23 minutes. I can man up but the pain was just horrible. It hurt worse than anything I've ever experienced," wrote Koscheck. "It hurt even more than when I cut my big toe off when I was six -- when I was playing with my grandfather's axe being a little [expletive]. Seriously -- the eye hurt way worse than chopping my big toe off."

Koscheck is thrilled that he got a shot at�Hughes after Diego Sanchez had to bail from the fight with an injury.

"[...]�last week I got word Matt Hughes, who has avoided me for years, needed an opponent for UFC 135 in Denver on Sept. 24. I've called out Hughes for so long but he's always avoided me. When he was on top and one of the top in the division, he used his position to avoid fighting me and all the AKA guys," Koscheck said. "[...] Like I knew he would, he tried to suggest fighting Jon Fitch instead, knowing full well Fitch is still recovering from shoulder surgery. I tweeted that I'd accepted the fight and was ready, just to put pressure on Hughes to quit bitching and take the fight. I wanted to make it so that if he did turn the fight down, all the fans would know that he bitched out."

So Koscheck is staying at 170 after toying with the idea of taking a fight at middleweight. He says he asked for Wanderlei Silva, Chris Leben or Rich Franklin.

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Koscheck-talks-exploding-eyeball-and-asking-for-?urn=mma-wp6850

Masakatsu Funaki Zelg Benkei Galesić Mauro Galvao Arman Gambaryan Manvel Gamburyan

No comments:

Post a Comment