Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante suffered broken arm in Strikeforce win over Yoel Romero; to undergo surgery soon

Though Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante scored a knockout win over Yoel Romero on Saturday night on the preliminary card of Strikeforce "Barnett vs. Kharitonov", it didn't come without a price. Cavalcante came out to cageside later in the event in a sling, and revealed in an interview with Tatame.com that he had suffered a broken arm in the bout.

"I couldn't do my best because I broke my arm on the first round," Cavalcante said. "When I tried to punch him, he dodged and my forearm hit his head and broke. I went to the hospital after the fight to do an X-ray and it's really broken... He pressured me on the second round, but I overcame that. What made a big difference on this fight were my trainings, I was able to show I'm back... I'm coming back to Rio for a surgery... My doctor told me this injury might require a surgery, so I'm coming back to Rio to do it. I want to keep my hard trainings on and return as soon as possible."

The surgery and recovery will likely keep him out of action for a considerable amount of time, so a rematch with Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal isn't likely to be on the docket.

Source: http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publish/quicknews/article_10465.shtml

Edgar Garcia Leonard Garcia Andrew Gardner Tiki Ghosn Dennis George

No comments:

Post a Comment