Friday, February 11, 2011

BELLATOR NEWS: Patricio "Pitbull" Freire joins season four featherweight tournament

By: Jamie Penick, MMATorch Editor-in-Chief

Logo_Bellator_150_219.jpg
The seventh participant in Bellator's season four featherweight tournament has been confirmed, as season two runner-up Patricio "Pitbull" Freire will join the field.

Freire was defeated by current Bellator Featherweight Champion Joe Warren in the season two finals, and has been out of action since that loss last June.

"Patricio Pitbull is a great fighter. He was seconds away from beating one of the top two Featherweights on earth and that loss was his only defeat as a professional. I know that his sole focus is winning this tournament and earning the opportunity to avenge his loss to our Champion Joe Warren. He's going to be fun to watch fight this season," said Bellator Chairman and CEO Bjorn Rebney.

"I have no interest besides fighting as a professional," said Freire. "It's the only thing I really want to do. Every day in my life I am looking to overcome myself and evolve into a better fighter. I never believe that I am good enough. It's all about improvement, every single day."

"The time to show what I am all about is coming," said Freire. "To win this tournament would mean a dream coming true. I can honestly say that I am more confident for this season than I was last year. Last year I got close, this year it's mine!"

Source: http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publish/Bellator/article_8319.shtml

Marcus Aurelio  Mikhail Avetisyan Luiz Azeredo  Luciano Azevedo  Ba Te er 

No comments:

Post a Comment