Tuesday, February 15, 2011

BELLATOR NEWS: Patricky "Pitbull" Freire added to season four lightweight tournament field

By: Jamie Penick, MMATorch Editor-in-Chief

Logo_Bellator_150_226.jpg
Bellator's season four lightweight tournament is quickly filling up, and the latest addition to the card is the brother of featherweight tournament veteran Patricio "Pitbull" Freire.

The organization on Friday announced the addition of Patricky "Pitbull" Freire to the lightweight field, which also features Ferrid Kheder, Rob McCullough, Carey Vanier, Michael Chandler, and Lloyd Woodard.

"I'm very anxious to show fans in the United States what I'm capable of," said Freire. "Ever since I was a kid, I've always wanted to fight at a really high level, and now I will with Bellator. I have always trained and fought very hard, and now it's time to test myself in deeper waters."

"We've had our eye on Patricky for quite some time now, and it's great to have both 'Pitbull Brothers' fighting under the Bellator banner,? said Bellator Chairman and CEO Bjorn Rebney.

The 25-year old admits he was near hanging up his gloves on numerous occasions due to the state of the sport in Brazil, but he's looking forward to the opportunity presented by this tournament.

"There were several times I thought about giving up on my fight career," Freire said. "It's very hard to make money fighting in Brazil, but now I can see if you keep looking for your dream, you can make it happen."

Source: http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publish/Bellator/article_8428.shtml

Delson Heleno Dan Henderson Josh Hendricks Ed Herman Heath Herring

No comments:

Post a Comment