Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Lombard calls Marquardt a cheater and claims a Bellator showdown won?t happen

Hector Lombard is badly in need of some top-notch competition. The Cuban middleweight dynamo, who's been dominant in Bellator, said he'd love to fight UFC castoff Nate Marquardt. The thickly-muscled Lombard doesn't even care if Marquardt is taking steps via testosterone replacement therapy to possibly gain an advantage.

"I think he is a cheater, but [against] me, he can take all the drugs he wants. I'm going to whoop his ass anyway," Lombard told Sherdog's Savage Dog Show.

The 29-2-1 Lombard has a grasp of reality, knowing he's way off the radar for many viewers of mixed martial arts.

"Nobody respects me at the moment. That's why I want to fight Nate Marquardt and show the people what I can do? He's a big name up there. I'm ready for the challenge. I want to show everybody what I'm capable of doing," said Lombard.

Lombard added that he heard Marquardt was offered a deal by Bellator and turned it down. Bellator's middleweight champ is riding an 18-fight win streak and hasn't lost since 2007.


Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Lombard-calls-Marquardt-a-cheater-and-claims-a-B?urn=mma-wp4606

Wes Soldier Combs  Ray Cooper  Kit Cope  Wesley Cabbage Correira  Patrick The Predator Côté 

No comments:

Post a Comment